Drug addiction can lead to long term as well as short term health effects. Drugs can be identified as a chemical compound that leaves a long lasting effect on your mind and body. Some common effects of drug abuse include change in appetite, increased heart rate, insomnia, and even loss of coordination. Therefore, here we are with some tips for Drugs Overdose Awareness
According to a study, approximately 13.6 million adults aged 26 or older generally struggle with drug addiction. The causes of this addiction vary from genetics to mental health. However, environmental factors such as parents using drugs, home abuse, and poor academic results can also lead to drug addiction.
The study provides the information that North America, including the United States, is a viral world for drug-related deaths. International Overdose Awareness Day is specially done to raise awareness to the people of America. About 25 percent of all drug-related deaths are found in America. Every day about 120 people die from overdose of drugs. There are primarily deaths of people who are under 50 by Drug overdoses. In 2016, the study found that about 64,000 people died from a drug overdose in America.
Action for drugs overdoses awareness
There are many ways to take action for drug Overdose Awareness. It would be best if you wear a wristband in a show of solidarity to participate in the overdose awareness program to train people to learn how to reverse an overdose and its impact.
You can participate in a way that is most comfortable for you. The program is online also so that you can join there or in a community-wide event. In this, you have to attend the program live. Several ideas for the awareness of drug overdose are as follows: –
- Please educate yourself about drug overdose: It is imperative to educate people about and react accordingly. When someone overdoses on drugs, they may be uneducated with the stimuli. The people who take drugs have shallow breaths, blue lips, or fingertips.
If you see these signs in any person, ensure that they take the clear airways and call 911 immediately if the person has taken overdoses of heroin, Oxycontin, etc. If you have access to Narcan, then you should give them one dose of Narcan.
- Share helpful overdose information on social media: For the awareness about the Overdose of drugs, there are many websites in the market. You can download resources from any of the websites and share the information on social media. You can share the fact sheets, logo assets, posters, and infographics from the website.
- Grant a tribute to remember the loved one: Remembering the life of your loved ones, you lost due to drug overdose is the best way to bring awareness about the Overdose of drugs. You can write and share an online post about your loved one, post photos of them on social media or share your memories of them with other close families.
- Attend an event in your area: To participate in these activities in your area. There are many International Overdose Awareness Day events in your state. So search for the event and then attend. Events range from candlelight vigils. It will help the people taking drugs to memorial walks to harm reduction seminars and get the knowledge about Narcan training.
- Do the event with your loved ones: You can participate in this event, even with a few people forming a group. It will help you raise awareness in your community about the importance of overdose prevention and treatment for curing the people who are addicted. You can get different ideas from the online activities, register your actions, and use them to orchestrate your event.
- Obtain Narcan: – Many states of United America are significantly impacted by drug overdose deaths. Civilians of the United States can purchase Narcan through any national pharmacy chain, such as CVS or Walgreens, without a prescription from any doctor. Depending on the events, training the public about Narcan is also available on International Overdose Awareness Day.
Help for a Drug Addiction?
Many overdose awareness programs are observed once every year, but every day offers you with a new opportunity to prevent drug overdose deaths. If you are still struggling to restrict yourself from using drugs or illicit substances, you can call The Recovery Village at 888.739.1886. You can speak with the officers who will understand your struggle and addiction, and offer you the ultimate solution to your addiction.
They will provide you with advice related to your situation and can easily connect to you for life-saving addiction treatment. This number is a toll-free number and telephone call that is completely confidential, and you don’t have to disclose the information about the program over the phone.
We hope that the above paragraph will help you to know about the Overdose of drugs. It will make you aware of the drugs and their overdoses. Through this guide, you will also learn about the steps taken to stop the addiction to drugs. Please stay connected with us for more information about drug awareness and related blogs.