Every person has their own taste or wants when it comes to decorating their bedroom. But there are some simple home styling principles that everyone follows to decorate their interior. If you are happy with the way your home looks and how the room makes you feel comfortable and if there would be some design mistakes it makes you feel low.
But if you don’t want anyone to design your room interior, then here are some of the points that you should not follow while designing your room.
- Poor lighting: – We all want our room to be full of lights in different colors. Having one bright light over your forehead and ample wall light for a room is imperative. The best way to light a room is to use different colors. Make a plan for lighting your space, add some lamps to add color and personality, and put that overhead light in the room. Always use the lights that blink again and again to change the room’s mood throughout the day.
- Pushing all the furniture against the wall: – One layout should be there to find a focal point in the room. It can be an entertainment center, fireplace, or conversation. Build your design according to that else it can be a design mistakes. Move furniture away from the walls. Place a table near every seating area, with an expansive room for easy movement.
- Clutter: – It is easy to fill your rooms with too much stuff, but that looks better with clutter. When every surface of the room is covered with stuff, then nothing will look exceptional. Solve the issue by not cluttering every character in a room. Create your space in your own mind and decorate it with your ideas.
- Using the same color everywhere: – Whitewash walls in a different style. Bring some colorful beauties of art on the wall. But always choose the best shade for your living room. Choose the color according to the other things in your room.
- Hanging art at the incorrect height: – There are many wall hangings that we ride in the wrong place or at the wrong size. But hanging wall art can be difficult. It would be best if you had to find the correct hanging height. Hang your skill at the person’s eye level so most eyes can look at the hanging and be able to see it comfortably.
- Mis-matched frames: – Maybe you have put the photos that you love in your room but aren’t sure how to frame them in your room. Suppose you are good at mix and match looks. Always keep it simple and pick one style or frame which suits your space.
- Making everything look perfect: – So make your room look perfect with all the magazines and the stuff you put in the room. Add the magazines that have a warm backstory and beloved books on the coffee table. It is possible to make a room look ugly and uncomfortable. Then it will look more like a furniture shop than a home. Be confident enough to add some personal touch to your room.
- Ignoring scale and proportion: – If your room feels underwhelming Or way too crowded, then You may have an issue with scale and proportion. It means the visual size of things. For The best room, rooms need big or tall things. It can be minor or short.
- Forgetting about storage: – In every room, there are storage problems. There are very few areas in the room, and the things to store are in bulk. For small stuff, you can add tables and drawers in the room. For more, you can also build some shelves over your bed. You can also add some boxes to the cupboard.
- Not paying attention to curtain length: – In a room, there is a Window, and for covering them, we use curtains. So you must remember to take the perfect size curtains for your room. For getting a perfect size, you can measure the length of the window and the floor. Always take the bright color curtains.
- Buying rugs that are too small: It is costly to buy a big carpet for many people. But when you go to purchase a rug, there are many choices with different prices. For this also you must take the measurements of the room to get a perfect shape rug.
- Being afraid of color: -It is complicated to choose the color for your room. For this, you can take the help of your family member or a singer. It would be best to always use a splash of bright and dark colors for the window. Color is the only thing that looks like your room. So before choosing any shape, think twice.
- Ignoring comfort: – We all like to put the best furniture and the best quality chairs and tables in the center of our room. But we forgot the fact that these chairs and tables should be comfortable. Always choose the chairs which are best in the comfort factor. Before purchasing any chair, take a test of it.
- Diving into trends or avoiding them altogether: When you purchase the things for decorating your room, always remember about the current movement. Always choose that item which brings the feeling of joy. Choose the accent products to decorate your room.
We hope that the above guide will help you avoid different design mistakes you were probably making in your bedroom. You can avoid these simple mistakes if you keep a check on the room while the designers are working on it. Please stay connected with us for more information about room designs and related blogs.